Sunday 1 November 2015

How to apply for France Visa


Most of the time we (Ozi and I) always have a conflict in our schedules or in our visas that's why we can't go on holiday together. It's either Ozi approved vacation is in a different month( due to demand of work) or either I'm refused and he gets the visa.

To avoid the same the situation, we planned few months ahead and Ozi is the best in these things. He has the brain for the effective planning and I'm thankful I have him because me? I am a complete mess.

Before we go on, lets go back to the definition of schengen visa:

Schengen Visa is a document issued by the appropriate authorities to the interested party for visiting/travelling in and within the schengen areas example to the countries below.
  • Austria                     
  • Belgium
  • Czech republic              
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Liechtenstein
Requirements:
  1. The application form must be fully completed and signed in the corresponding blanks. ( travel agent will fill up the form for you)
  2. One photo is to be attached; the photo must have a passport format, full-face capture, and a light background. The photo must be recently taken.
  3. The passport as well as all the copies of your previous visas, valid for at least 3 months prior to your departure is required. The passport must have at least two blank pages.
  4. One must have a copy of the reservation of the return ticket for the time intended to be travelling. It is not recommendable to buy the ticket before getting the visa, if not necessary.
  5. The travel medical insurance policy is to be secured, covering any medical emergency with hospital care and travel back to ones native country due to medical motives.
  6. The current bank statement (preferably for the last 6 months)
  7. A reference letter from the employer.
As usual we went to our travel partner Vega Travel in Wafi Mall (near the food court) to arrange the following documents:


  • Dummy airline ticket 100 AED
  • Hotel booking 100 AED
  • Travel Insurance 15 days 115 AED
  • Form Filling 80 AED
  •  Appointment fee 95 AED
They've arranged a 11:00 AM appointment time for us  in VFS ( one floor above Vega). We've asked them to do a separate booking and appointment number but at the same appointment time and date .Were lucky that there are still available slots for the next day. Previously we were worried, normally the appointment will happen after 3 or 4 days after you file the application and my only day off is the next day but God is good.

The next day Ozi arrived on time and I was late for 30 minutes, I thought they won't let me in but thanks to God, the security has allowed me still. Ozi patiently waited for me inside and because we were in hurry, we asked the reception for one token number for both of us without realizing that we want a separate application. We lingered for almost an hour before our number was called.

We paid    247 AED visa processing fee + 5 AED (sms) 
 You can also go for premium if you want a faster result, all you need is to pay additional 250 AED, anyway reception will ask you


The agent has asked me to do my bio metric since it is my first time to apply for France unlike Ozi he has the visa before so there is no need for him to do it again.

We were advised that it may take 14 -20 days to know the result however on Oct 12 we received a sms and an email that our passport is ready for collection. 

I wrote an authorization letter allowing Ozi to get back my passport in behalf of me since I am on Day shift and when the time I finish my work they're already close. While on duty I can't help myself but to think much about the result .
                                               'X CROSS FINGER X ''

Ozi called me in the afternoon and excitedly told me that we did it '' WE GOT THE VISA'' yeehey!!!! yeheey!!!!




Lesson to learn: Effective planning + luck = success.  Ozi (my personal travel guru) is right France tourist visa is much easier compare with the other schengen countries.

Again this is only my personal experienced, it may help you in your visa application however I always suggest to check with the france embassy in your countries.

#touristvisa

£success



5 comments:

  1. I think this information could help to move over the positive career path. Really nice to read and also much useful tips too.

    Group Medical Insurance Dubai

    Cheapest Health Insurance Dubai

    Insurance Companies in Dubai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for reading my blog. I'm hoping more folks can go in france and see Paris especially you .

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing such great information. It has help me in finding out more detail about France visa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail aboutFrance visa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get your France Schengen visa appointment from UK . various France visa service providers gives 100% satisfaction guarantee for France Schengen visa. you can get complete help on France Visa For Business, France Schengen Visa in very short time period. Call for query 02084326004.

    ReplyDelete