Tuesday 29 September 2015

How to apply for Austria Visa in Dubai

Schengen Visa is a document issued by the appropriate authorities to the interested party for visiting/travelling in and within the schengen areas example to the countries below.

  • Austria                     
  • Belgium
  • Czech republic              
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Liechtenstein
Requirements:
  1. The application form must be fully completed and signed in the corresponding blanks.
  2. One photo is to be attached; the photo must have a passport format, full-face capture, and a light background. The photo must be recently taken.
  3. The passport as well as all the copies of your previous visas, valid for at least 3 months prior to your departure is required. The passport must have at least two blank pages.
  4. One must have a copy of the reservation of the return ticket for the time intended to be travelling. It is not recommendable to buy the ticket before getting the visa, if not necessary.
  5. The travel medical insurance policy is to be secured, covering any medical emergency with hospital care and travel back to ones native country due to medical motives
  6. The current bank statement (preferably for the last 6 months)
  7. A reference letter from the employer.
After Italy has denied my first visa application, it exalted me not to give up, and this time I intake the advised of my fiancee. Last  February 2015 I applied once again and this time for Austria. First we went to Vega Travel  in Wafi Mall to arrange the following documents:


  • Dummy airline ticket 100 AED
  • Hotel booking 100 AED
  • Travel Insurance 15 days 115 AED
  • Form Filling 80 AED
  •  Appointment fee 95 AED

Their travel Agents are the best, they aided us with useful ideas on my application. The agent courteously informed me to come 15 minutes before my appointment in VFS , just one floor above Vega.


VFS global is a centre that  provides visa and passports application processing services. So I went and paid 

   247 AED visa processing fee + 5 AED (sms)

VFS global has told the result will be release after 2 weeks depending on the Austrian embassy if they need further verification.


I thought it would be much easier than the first time.  Tourist visa for Austria has been more difficult for me, I received an email that I need to go Austrian Embassy in Abu dhabi for the interview. As the saying goes dreams doesn't come instantly, you have to work for it. I disregard the thought of being it far and not knowing the place. Exactly at 8 A.M I left the house and ride the metro that goes to al ghubaiba station


Austrian Embassy is located in Al Reem island Abudhabi, I ride the bus in al ghubaiba station Dubai 25 AED per ticket, after reaching the terminal I ride another bus (2 AED) going to al reem island. Anyway I've reached the embassy and had the interview ,they've advised me to wait for the response from them. I told to myself finally it's done and came back home at 7 P.M


After 2 days another dilemma again, I received an email from the consulate stating that my reasons during the interview was not enough to prove that I am coming back.  They had written in the email  if I want an appeal/objection of their decision, I can write an appeal letter written in German language. I was about to give up but as a saying goes " If there's a will there's a way" .


I happened to have a Austrian friend long time back , so I contacted him & ask for his help . Kodus to him finally I got the Schengen visa.



This is only my personal experience in Dubai, I don't know if it applies the same procedures of your country. Always check with your correspondent embassy's.


INfo & INsights:



  • Apply for interview free country if you don't want any hassle.
  • Make sure you can support your answer during the interview.
  • If you intent to stay for a 1 week or less and you are planning to visit another schengen country, my advise never initiate to open that topic. As far a I know the rules is that you should spend most of your stay in the country that you applied for. 

I know guys mostly of my blogs are overdue post, please bear with me , I write when I feel to write only.



 

5 comments:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it.
    søke esta

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog helped me to understand the fact that even a simply written article can be best over thousands of other highly qualified no-meaning articles. So always keep in mind that use simple but accurate parameters for your blog.esta electronic system for travel authorization

    ReplyDelete
  3. Applying for Schengen Visa while you are in another country requires you to personally pass the application form to the consulate in that country. Since Austria is part of the Schengen Area you'll have to apply for the said visa unlike most visitors visa being issued on most countries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work.Is-Nrias-Medical-Visa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got what you mean , thanks for posting .Woh I am happy to find this website through google. US Visa ESTA

    ReplyDelete