Wednesday 9 September 2015

Schonbrunn Palace Park : Vienna Austria


Austria is a German-speaking country in Central Europe, characterized by its mountain villages, baroque city architecture, Imperial history and rugged alpine terrain. Vienna, its Danube River capital,and it is a place where you can find " Schonbrunn Palace" a world cultural heritage site and Austria's most visited sight. 

It was my last day in vienna and I felt so lazy to got up, winter season has anchored myself inside the blanket and I slept til almost noon time and thanks God , I was awaken by the clamor of the next room. 


Before I flew from Dubai, I have had written in my little journal my ''to do list in Vienna'' . The thing is, til the third day I haven't wander to any of these touristic spots.  After breakfast, while going back to my room to sleep once again, I instantly change my mind and went out of the hotel. After reaching the city center, I still can't decide on where will I go. The tourist map that I have in my hand has lead me to go Schonbrunn Palace , from the city center I ride U4 of the U-Bahn subway green line and get down in schonbrunn station. Subway station is only 5-10 minutes away from schonbrunn palace . 


While walking towards the palace a man catches my attention because of his peerless looks. When I get closer to him, I found out that he is selling tickets for the prestigious opera play  in Vienna Opera House







Today, the Vienna State Opera is considered  as one of  the most important opera houses in the world, in particular,  it is the house of the largest repertoire. He generously offered me 100 euro in VIP section yet my pocket money is budgeted for my next tour. I slowly slipped out from the crowd and walked through Schonbrunn palace. 



Schönbrunn Palace the former summer residence of the imperial family, is one of Europe's most impressive Baroque palace complexes. The land had been in the possession of the Habsburgs since 1569, when the wife of Emperor Ferdinand II. The summer residence was built in 1642, which she called "Schönbrunn". To go inside you have to buy the ticket


The garden is too big , there is an area where you can jog, and sat for a while after a 15 minutes hike going to the top. For me, the colorful lush environment of the palace has entice the crowd to definitely visit the palace.
Behind me is the Schonbrunn palace  Palm House Conservatory, one of the four greenhouses that occupy Schonbrunn palace park. It is also the largest glass house (45,000 glass sheets) on the European continent.The history said, the planning took several years and entailed many visit to different countries particularly London.

In the recent time, the great Palm House houses approximately 4,500 different species making it one of the largest botanical exhibits in the world.It's getting darker, as much I wanted to see what's inside the palm house,but the heavy clouds signifies that I have to go. So I just chose to click one photo as a souvenir of the beautiful historic garden .

An imperial residence at the top of this elongate fountain is one of the outstanding view of the palace. The best time to take a very good a picture is while the sunrise is on, and because of my laziness I missed that moment.

Winter/Fall are the seasons that we don't have in our country, and I've been wanting to experience since then. When I reached to this side of the palace, I just can't help myself but to fascinate the view, reminiscing those days when me and my siblings used to gathered together in our little living room and seriously  watching an English romantic movie wherein a couple turn away from each other's arm after a heartrending break up. And deep inside I told to myself '' how I wish I was there to stop the hurtful scene.




Vienna Zoo can be found also inside and you can sneak around inside to spend some times with the wild animals. 


After spending momentous hours inside  the palace, I told to myself ''that dreams do come, just believe''.


INFO and INsights:



  • No entrance fee
  • For the tourists, there are several entrances, one goes to the center where you  can do a sort of shopping and the other one goes to the residential area






1 comment: